Pacem School remains committed to working with all interested families, regardless of means. Flexible payment plans are available by special request. Financial aid is available for the 2016-17 school year.
Financial Aid Policy
- Financial awards will be offered strictly on the basis of financial need, and this need will be determined by a third party online system.
- Students will only be eligible for financial aid if they are enrolling in 3 or more credits.
- Financial aid awards are determined by current availability of funds.
- Pacem will offer financial aid in accordance with its nondiscrimination policy: Pacem School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin.
- Financial aid will be offered at the discretion of Pacem’s General Circle.
- The General Circle will make financial aid decisions once a year, in June. After June, limited financial aid may be available depending on funds.
Financial Aid Process
Pacem uses the School and Student Services by NAIS to process all financial aid requests. To apply for financial aid, please go to the website of SSS by NAIS. Once on the website, you will need to set up an account for your family, and then select Pacem School to submit information to. Pacem’s code is 177790. The financial aid application has a $48 processing fee due to SSS by NAIS. Very low income families automatically qualify for a fee waiver.
To apply for financial aid you should do the following:
- Complete the Parent’s Financial Statement (PFS) online before June 1.
- In addition to the online financial statement, you also need to submit 2016 tax return documents. These must be submitted to Pacem School either in person or by mail before June 1.
- Complete the Pacem registration form as soon as possible. Please notify us when you are submitting the registration that you are also applying for financial aid. We can only offer financial aid to students who have complete registration forms, including at least a $100 deposit.
- SSS by NAIS will use the information you provide to calculate an estimated parental contribution. We cannot guarantee that we will be able provide the full level of aid calculated by SSS, however, we are committed to working with every family to create a workable financial plan.
- If we are unable to provide financial aid at the level suggested by the SSS calculations, and families determine that they will therefore be unable to attend, any deposits paid to Pacem will be fully refundable.
- If families decide to accept the financial aid offer, the full deposit will be due before September 1, 2017
- All financial aid decisions for the Fall 2017 will be made by the General Circle on or before June 30, 2017.